We accept applications on a rolling basis; however, priority will be given to applications received before April 1, 2019. Once an application is complete, a decision will generally be made within three weeks. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to defer an enrollment decision until after April 1, at which time all remaining applications will be considered and a decision made by May 1, 2019. Any application received after the priority deadline will be considered if space is available. If an applicant is accepted, a non-refundable deposit of $3,000 is required by June 1, 2019 (or within two weeks of notification if later than June 1) to ensure the applicant’s enrollment.
Applicants must complete the following and forward the necessary information to the Admissions Committee:
1. $100 non-refundable application fee for New Students, $50 non-refundable fee for Returning Students
2. Sending School Acknowledgement Letter
3. Current school transcript including most recent academic quarter
4. Personal interview (upon request only)
5. Three letters of reference (one from a coach, one from a teacher, and one guidance counselor or personal reference)
6. Competition results
7. Three essays (essay questions listed below under More Information)
Apply to OMS for the 2019-2020 School Year
Our application and registration process varies for first-time applicants and returning student-athletes.
To begin your application or registration, please click the correct box below.
For New and Returning Student Athletes
Prospective Student Information and Welcome Packet - Download (.pdf)
Returning Student Information Packet - Download (.pdf)
1. Describe yourself as a student. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Which subjects do you enjoy the most and which are the most challenging? Describe one short and one long term academic goal you have and how attending OMS will help you achieve these goals.
2. Why do you choose to compete in skiing or snowboarding? Describe one of your best days on the hill and how that experience has helped to drive your passion for skiing or snowboarding. Describe one short and one long term athletic goal you have and how attending OMS will help you achieve these goals.
3. Life at OMS is centered around hard work, independence, and being a positively contributing member of the community. Describe your readiness to accept the challenge of balancing the rigors of your academics with full time athletic training. Also describe how you plan to positively impact our school community.